The new version of Autopsy has been released.
- Hashes can optionally be entered when adding a disk image data source to a case.
- Acquisition details can be stored when the data source is added.
- Added support for Microsoft Edge browser (cookies, history, and bookmarks)
- Added support for Safari web browser (downloads, cookies, history, and bookmarks)
- Expanded Chrome browser support to include cache parsing and form/auto fill.
- Expanded Firefox browser support to extract form/auto fill fields.
- Parse Zone.Identifier files to identify the source of files.
- Added a TSK_SOURCE artifact to downloaded files to help users trace back to where it came from.
- Added support for parsing vCards (virtual cards).
- Extract more information about Windows user accounts (number of logins, creation date, and last login)
- Detect more operating system types, which get saved as a TSK_OS_INFO artifact.
- Detect Android media cards, which gets saved as a TSK_DATA_SOURCE_USAGE artifact.
- The Application content viewer now displays HTML files.
- Video playback now uses gstreamer on 64-bit systems, which supports more video formats.
- Pictures can be rotated and zoomed in the Application content viewer.
- The Other Occurrences content viewer layout was reorganized to make viewing the data easier.
- New “Data Source Summary” panel shows high-level statistics and details about the data sources in the case.
- Data sources are now listed in the data sources tree in alphabetical order.
- The presentation of finding common properties within a case was revised to group results in a more helpful way.
Report / Export:
- Portable Cases can be created based on tagged data. These cases contain a subset of the case data and can be opened anywhere.
- Users can now choose tabs or commas as the delimiter for a files report.
- Case notes are included in the HTML report.
- Added a new file type that allows module writers to specify a file based on its byte range.
- Data sources can be analyzed and have a CASE/UCO report generated using only the command line.
- Decreased the time required to execute inter-case common properties searches of the Central Repository.
- Assorted small bug fixes are included.
The installer can be downloaded here.