New versions of our open source DFIR tools have been released:
- Removed data from table that are time intensive and can be found in content viewers (such as hash set hits)
- Added ability to find common items (files, emails, etc.) between current case and past cases using the Central Repository.
- Added ability to ignore common items that exist in a large number of cases by using Central Repository data.
- Data is validated and normalized before being entered into the Central Repository.
- Allow users to specify that an ad-hoc keyword search should not be saved to database
- New “Annotations” content viewer that shows all tags and comments associated with an item
- Added 2 icons to the table to show the item’s score (if it is notable or suspicious) and if it has a comment.
- Added column to the table to show previous number of occurrences.
- Tags are now associated with the user (in a multi-user environment) and you can hide other people’s tags
- New Display options area that unifies various new settings.
- Hash sets can be copied into the user’s config folder (AppData), which makes it easier to run Autopsy from a Live Triage USB and not care about what drive letter it gets.
- Image Gallery stores its groups and seen status in Case DB instead of its own.
- Image Gallery works better in multi-user setups and reloads the database when other nodes add data sources.
- Image Gallery saves which user saw a group and gives user option of seeing only their unseen groups or all unseen groups.
- Saves last export location and pre-populates that in the file picker
- Provide feedback about why some right click options are disabled (ingest is running, not file content, etc.)
- Substring keyword search is more accurate (now uses regular expression)
- New text extractor for SQLite that better deals with full text search tables
- Better deal with Unicode text files that do not have Byte Order Marker
- Embedded file extractor module is now faster because it uses a different 7ZIP API.
- Fixed various HTML report bugs
- Duplicate hash set hits are not created when you run the Hash Ingest Module twice.
- Auto ingest (in Experimental) scan times of input folders is faster.
- Hashdb bug fixes for corrupt indexes and 0 hashes
- New code for testing power of number in ExtX code
- New class that allows generic database access
- New methods that check for duplicate artifacts
- Added caches for frequently used content
- Added Examiner table
- Tags are now associated with Examiners
- Changed parent_path for logical files to be consistent with FS files.