Packt Publishing has announced the third edition of Practical Mobile Forensics by
Covering the most updated mobile platforms our book will focus on giving you the most recent techniques of investigating mobile devices. We will deep dive into mobile forensics techniques in iOS 9-11, Android 7-8 devices, and Windows 10. We will demonstrate the latest open source and commercial mobile forensics tools, enabling you to analyze and retrieve data effectively. You will learn how to introspect and retrieve data from cloud, and document and prepare reports for your investigations.
By the end of this book, you will have mastered the current operating systems and techniques to recover data from mobile devices by leveraging open source solutions.
What you will learn
- Discover the new features in practical mobile forensics
- Understand the architecture and security mechanisms present in iOS and Android platforms
- Identify sensitive files on the iOS and Android platforms
- Set up the forensic environment
- Extract data on the iOS and Android platforms
- Recover data on the iOS and Android platforms
- Understand the forensics of Windows devices
- Explore various third-party application techniques and data recovery techniques
The book is expected to be published in April 2018 and is available for pre-order here.