Brian Moran from BriMor Labs has posted an article on how to load a SQL .bak file for analysis, without SQL Server previously installed.
The process consists of eight steps:
1) Download SQL Server 2016 SP1 Developer edition
2) Download Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
3) Copy executables to flash drive
4) Copy executables to offline system
5) Install SQL Server
6) Install SSMS
7) Launch SSMS & restore the SQL database
8) Make your SQL queries using SSMS
Learn more about each step at BriMor Labs blog.